What if you could use Windows Phone 7 accelerometer sensor as a standard device on Windows 7?
Well, search no more, because this project provides you just that!
Windows Phone Accelerometer Driver for Windows 7 lets you use your Windows Phone 7 device as a standard accelerometer sensor in Windows 7.
You can find more details on the implementation on
How To Install?
1. Download and extract project binaries or source from the
2. Open CMD as administrator
3. Go to the folder \Driver\Install\
4. According to the bitness of your OS Run installwp7driver32bit.bat
to install the driver.
5. When the following notification appears, select "Install this driver software anyway
This should take around 1-2 minutes to complete.
6. Enable installed Sensor in the Control Panel
7. Run the WCF service from as administrator
. If you run it from Visual Studio, make sure you ran Visual Studio as administrator.
8. Run the Windows Phone client on a real device while connected to the PC and enter your PC (LAN) IP
9. That's it! you can now sit back and enjoy the ride using the PlaneDemo application or SensorDiagnostics, or any other software that uses the accelerometer sensor.
How to Uninstall?
If you want to uninstall the driver simply go to the Device Manager
, select the "WP7 Accelerometer Sensor
" device from the
category, select uninstall from the context menu and make sure you mark the checkbox to delete the driver